Autumn is here, the nights are getting longer and Friday just seems a little further away each week. Lucky for you, we’ve teamed up with Barr’s to get the party started throughout October to make your office life that little bit easier! Win employee of the month and win some tasty drinks for your place of work – all just by chatting to us on Facebook…
Just go to our Facebook page, like the page and comment to answer the question on the Barr competition post to be in with a chance to win!
Refresh your office!
To find out more about the Every Can Counts programme and request your FREE office recycling pack, click here.
To read more about the competition Terms and Conditions, continue to read below:
Article 1: Promoter
The company Every Can Counts organizes a competition named “Refresh Your Office” hereinafter referred to as “the Promotion”.
Article 2: Notice of the Promotion
The Promotion and the Terms and Conditions will be available on: https://everycancounts.co.uk/
Article 3: Entry
- a) Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotional Materials (as defined in article 12 below) and the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control.
- b) Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates, suppliers, distributors and their immediate families, the partner agency associated with the Promotion (namely, the Company Mycleveragency a company registered in Scotland under n° SC359459 located 24 Great King St, Edinburgh, EH3 6QN).
- c) The Promotion is opened only to residents belonging to the United Kingdom, who are 18 of age or older.
- d) Entry is free, without any obligation to purchase.
Article 4: Duration of the Promotion
Promotion commences on 14/10/16 at 09:00 GMT and closes on 17/10/16 at 17:00 GMT (the “Entry Period”)
Article 5: Definition and value of the prize
One winner will be randomly picked on 17/10/16 from all of the entries:
- The prize consists of 50 Barr canned drinks (flavours vary) Herein referred to as the “Prize”.
b) The Prize must be taken as offered. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable (against its value in cash or against any other prize). In the event that the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it in its sole discretion to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
c) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
d) The Prize’s winner will be drawn using a random number generator from all entries, following the process described in article 6 below, during the Entry Period for a unique winner. Drawing will be conducted by Mycleveragency, at their office as mentioned in article 3 b), acting independently, whose decisions will be final. The winners will be notified by email or Facebook by the Promoter or Mycleveragency, which each entrant irrevocably accepts by participating in the Promotion.
e) The Promoter or Mycleveragency will notify the winner within 7 working days as from 17/10/16 Without any correspondence from the winner within 7 days following the notification sent by the Promoter or Mycleveragency, the Prize will be considered as lost for such winner. In such a case, an alternative winner will be drawn in the manner described at section 5(d) above.
Not more than one (1) prize will be granted to each winner for the whole duration of the Promotion. Contestants can enter once per Facebook account; per day the competition is live.
f) It is a condition of taking any prize that a winning entrant may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter.
Article 6: Modalities and validity of entries
a) To enter the Promotion, entrants must like the Every Can Counts Facebook page and comment to answer the question posed in the Barr competition Facebook post.
- b) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
c) Any entrant attempting to ‘game’ the competition will be subject to disqualification.
d) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner and to choose another winner if:
(i) the winner breaches any part of the present Terms and Conditions and/or of the Promoter’s rules and policies;
(ii) the Promoter realizes, or has reasonable grounds to suspect, that the entry submitted by the entrant is untrue, whether in part or in full, or that the winner has been involved in any suspicious, fraudulent or illegal activity.
e) In case a winner is disqualified under article 6 d) above, the winner forfeits the Prize as set out in article 5 a) above and shall not be entitled to any compensation from or further liability of the Promoter.
Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil law, and should such attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Article 7: Personal Information
- a) By entering the Promotion, each entrant consents to the information they submit, being entered into a database and the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of the Promoter and/or its partner as indicated above. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to such offices.
b) If the winner wishes to forgo the Prize altogether, the winner must notify the Promoter within 7 working days of the Promoter’s, or Mycleveragency’s, initial notification. After the 7-day period has expired, the Promoter will conduct a new draw and an alternative winner will be selected in accordance with article 5(d) above.
c) The Promoter may use third parties to facilitate one or more elements of the Promotion and may provide some of your personally identifiable information to them. These third party service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements with the Promoter and other legal restrictions that prohibit the use of the information the Promoter provides them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced Promoter related operation.
Article 8: Liability
- a) It is expressly stated that the Internet is not a secured network. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, agents and affiliates) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; and/or (f) use of Prize. Nothing in these terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
b) By entering the Promotion, any entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Terms and Conditions and is fully familiar with its content.
Article 9: Modification and/or interpretation of the Terms and Conditions
a) If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law a) to disqualify any entrant or b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate c) replace an entrant with an alternative entry in the case of disqualification.
b) The Promoter will settle, in its sole discretion, any question relating to the application of the Terms and Conditions or any question that may arise, unresolved by the latter. These settlement decisions will be final.
Article 9: Promotional material
Although the Promoter will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information relating to the Promotion (“Promotional Material”) is accurate, the Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software failure that may affect the Promoter’s operation of the Promotion or the site, including without limitation the accuracy of any Promotional Material.
Article 10: Governing law and Jurisdiction
The Promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of London shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Promotion or its subject matter or formation.